Re: startx can't find font 'fixed'!

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, cbebber wrote:
> failed to set default font path '/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1'
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'

I recently had that problem and was adviced to resintall all the fonts
again which solved the problem. These files ate in x11 directory at the
debian ftp site or cd. I think the names are xfntXXX*deb etc where XXX is
100, big etc. I am sorry I caanot be more specific because I forgot
exactly what I did. If you have access to this mailing list you could
perhaps search for messages with "Xserver problem"

Daniel J. Mashao --
   daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za             http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel