Re: Toshiba laptop --- resume mode

First, let me assure you that you can get it to work. It works great on
my Toshiba 440CDT.

Install the kernel-source package. As root, "make menuconfig" in the
/usr/src/linux directory. Enable APM (it's under character devices).
Enable the option for APM to blank the screen. This will work fine for
both text screens and X windows, and will turn off the backlight.
APM is not enabled in our generic kernel because some machines crash with it
enabled. Remove device drivers that aren't used on your system. Build the
kernel with "make zLilo", and the modules with
"make modules;make modules_install".

Do not install the "apmd" package. "apmd" is not reacting fast enough and
it breaks resume on my system. The system resumes fine without it.

Boot with the setup disk that came with the system, and set the APM
parameters like screen blank time, etc.

I am able to change the screen brightness with the function key with the
water-faucet icon on it. Push "Fn" and that key. I think this is changing
between the three APM options you see in the set-up disk, but I'm not sure.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html