Re: PAS16 and cdrom....

On Sat, Oct 18, 1997 at 01:02:37PM -0500, Kevin J Poorman wrote:

> Hi, although this has nothing to do with Debian in paticular ... I hope
> that I can get some help with the Linux end of this problem....
>
> I got a Pro Audio Spectrum 16 and the cdrom that comes with it ... I put
> it in and compiled the kernel to use it ...
>
> However ... the sound output is very very soft ... I almost can't here it
> .... and I can't figure out the device for the cdrom ... any help is
> welcome ... even a RTFM....

1) Install a mixer program (choose from xmix, aumix, asmix, tkmixer,...)
and try setting the volume up.

2) Read the Sound-HOWTO and the Sound-Playing-HOWTO to understand what you
have done.

3) Mail to the list if the problem still exists.

Marcus
who recommends tkmixer

--
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."