Re: scroll-back buffer

Torsten Hilbrich wrote:
> Another way:
>
>         runvc false
>
> where runvc is the following script:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>    # Run something on a VC, from X, and switch back to X when done.
>    # GPL Joey Hess, Thu, 10 Jul 1997 23:27:08 -0400
>    exec open -s -- sh -c "$* ; chvt `getvc`"

Hm, maybe I should include runvc and getvc in the open package (which I
happen to maintain).

BTW, since you are already at the console, you don't need to use all this,
the following command will flip you breifly to a free vt and back, which
does clear the scrollback buffer (neat trick!):

open -s -w false

--
see shy jo