Re: Netscape's Stale Lock Files -- Automatic Removal

Paul Serice wrote:
> I grew weary of starting Netscape after it crashed only to get the
> message about there being a stale lock file.  So I added this small
> script to my Netscape wrapper.  It seems to work.  Is there a better
> way of doing this?

I'm much more brutal - my wrapper just does rm -f $HOME/.netscape/lock
Of course, it also checks to see if it can run netscape -remote to tell
netscape to pop up a new window, so I don't start up unnecessary netscape
processes if one is already running on my current display.

--
see shy jo