CDR drive replacement.

I have used Philips CDRs exclusively and have not been satisfied. For the
usual reasons, I am replacing my current CDR and want something that will
last a while. I can get an "HP SureStore CD-Writer 6020" for a
"reasonable" price. I am curious if anyone has had any first hand
experience with this device? Is it encouraging? I would consider other
options if they fall in the catagory of "cheap" (cost effective) and
dependable, while at the same time available quickly through mail order
using a credit card.

Please reply by private e-mail. If there is lots of interest, I will post
a synopsis back to the list.

Thanks in advance,

Dwarf