linuxthreads problems

Hi All!

I'm trying to install debian/hamm and work with threads.
First of all I've discovered that debian python_1.4.0-4 is compiled w/o
threads, so I tried to rebuild it with. This had partial success
(before hamm all my attempts were in vain: I was permanently getting
SIGUSR1). Investigating the only problem found yet (coredumps
during thread or program exit) I've discoveried that python
with pthreads uses exit() rather than pthread_join(). Is it ok?

After that I've noticed that libc6-dev_2.0.5c-0.1 conflicts with
libpthread0-dev_0.6-1 and what's more, glibc includes old
version of LinuxThreads (0.5). Could please somebody explain me
the situation?

Trying to run examples from LinuxThreads I found a bug concerning
ex4.c: glibc's version of LinuxThreads multiply
(PTHREAD_DESTRUCTOR_ITERATIONS=4 times) applies
pthread_key_create()'s destructor to thread-specific data
which causes multiple free() of pointer and can be fixed by
making pointer NULL after free(). Native LinuxThreads don't
iterate here and behave well. The question is: is it intended
behaviour? If not I'm slightly disappointed to whom I should send
bug report: Xavier Leroy, Ulrich Drepper or Guy Maor?

Thank you for your attention and excuse me for my English.

		Vitaly Belostotsky.