Re: Debian Installation w/ AHA-2940

Dale Harrison wrote:

> I tried installing 1.3 today on a PC. It didn't go too well. I've
> installed Debian more times than I can recall, and have never had this
> problem before. Mind you, i've never installed it on a machine like this
> either.
>
> AHA-2940, 1x 2.1gig drive, 1x Sony CD.

  I'm using Debian 1.3, and had to build a custom boot disk because the
  probing in the regular install boot disk would somehow touch the Adaptec
  SCSI controller and reboot the PC.  The custom kernel (and instructions
  for use) is at:

   ftp://ftp.phys.ocean.dal.ca/users/rhogee/Debian/

  This doesn't really sound like it will sole your problem, but you might
  want to give it a try.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist             <galbraith@mixing.qc.dfo.ca>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada