Re: Changing mouse drivers

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Richard A. Guay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just recently installed Debian 1.3.1 on a new system that has a PS/2
> mouse.  I now want to change to using a serial mouse.  What would be the
> steps (I do not want to reload the OS.)?

I just switched from a MS bus mouse to a serial mouse, so this is
fresh in my mind.  Recompile your kernel and do not select any mouse.
Delete any existing links to /dev/mouse, and link instead to /dev/ttyS1 or
whatever serial port you will be using.  (You might be able to get away
without recompiling, but I did so to be safe).  You will also need to
reconfigure X, gpm, dosemu, etc.

Bob

----
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen