Re: Upgrading ghostscript?

Since Debian maintainers are being faced with this dilemma across the
board, users should probably do as has been described many times on this
list and install libc6 following the mini-howto.  Or become friends
with alien, rpm, and RedHat's (and sunsite no doubt) contrib directory to
continue updating their Debian 1.3 with RedHat libc5 compatible
binaries (They seem to have a lot of newer contrib/non-free type stuff
compiled for libc5, but I may be mistaken.  However it is true for
gs-Aladdin, though it goes by a different name in RedHat land--just gs
I think).  Or compile libc5 binaries from source.

Still, bless you Marco!  I haven't gotten around to employing any of
the above options.  And I do need an updated gs-Aladdin sorely.
Thanks so much.

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Marco Pistore wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>

> > It's too bad that the libc6 upgrade is leaving users out in the cold for so
> > long...

--snipped--