Re: staroffice and libc

On Tue, Oct 14, 1997 at 08:34:33AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> hi everyone I'm trying to use the latest debianized staroffice package but
> the dependancies show that I need libc when i do a dpkg -l libc <none>
> Depends: libc (>= 5.4.4-0) where do i find this package?

I think this is a typo on Joey's part. "libc" is a virtual package (which
libc[456] provide). As dpkg doesn't support versioned dependencies on
virtual packages, I don't know what happens when you try to install it. It
might even work (as you undoubtedly have libc5 installed).

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go