Re: Please recommend a quality 4GB hard drive

>> hello,
>>
>> i personally have, as my primary drive, an IBM Deskstar 3.6gb. it's *fast*
>> for an eide drive.  it was rated fastest by a major computing magazine,
>> although i forget which one.  it definitely lives up to the billing. they
>> run about $250 new from several outlets (insight, pczone, cdw, etc.)

 [At work] I handled last warranty hassle with IBM drive sometime
 before summer. We sell these >500pcs /year (single, or in computer),
 all kind, and some with 3 year onsite from us. Sure these cost a little
 more, but I think it's well worth it. If a customer want's something cheaper,
 then we sell Quatum, but I see these broken at least twice a month -
 no onsite for these.

 I remember one 20mb Conner drive years ago, that I just had to break -
 hammer: no go - threw it to street from second floor :no go - finally
 opened it up with screwdriver and voi'la.

	--j