Re: Summer Time & Time Zone

Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

  >Hi,
  >
  >	October, 6 was the beginning of the summer time here in Brazil.
  >	Our clock was advanced an hour.
  >	What is the best solution to this problem:
  >	a- changing clock - how?
  >	b- changing date - how?
  >	c- other (I would appreciate something here)

Load the timezones package; then set the TZ variable appropriately in
/etc/timezone.

It should contain a single line:

Brazil/<area>

where <area> is one of:

 Acre       DeNoronha  East       West

If you want to change the timezone for a particular session, redefine the
environment variable, TZ, by a shell command (Bourne-shell syntax):

export TZ=Brazil/<area>

The available timezones are files under /usr/share/zoneinfo.

Full information in the libc info files, under Calendar Time.

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver