X server or window manager dies when changing virtual terminals.

	I have been having a problem that has now gotten really bad with the
new Netscape 4.03.  When I am using X and change to one of the other
virtual terminals then come back to X the server shuts down and I end
up back at the xdm prompt.  It is almost guaranteed to happen with
Netscape 4.03 and sometimes with tkmail.  It is rare if there are
only xterm or rxvt sessions running.  Any ideas would be great.
Thanks for the help.

		Chris