SOLVED: Epson Stylus Color 600 Printing

The general message is: if you are new to unix, watch out for line
continuation characters (I know I read something describing them that way
somewhere, and mayby in certain types of config files they are, but...).
They are really escape characters that refer specifically to the newline
THAT MUST FOLLOW THEM IMMEDIATELY.  ie if there is a white space character
(or any other character for that matter) after the escape character and
before the newline, the newline won't get escaped.  This may in some cases
cause you all sorts of subtle problems that seem certain to be due to
something else.  At least so the reaction of magicfilter seemed to me,
which is I guess the only thing that makes this message in any way
relevant to the subject printer & ghostscript.

Anthony Fok has been extremely helpful, sending copies of his
/etc/printcap and magicfilter filter files (which I cut and paste
producing the above error).  Thanks Anthony, I'm sorry if my last
question was a bit abrupt.  I'm the modern manifestation of what an author
of the romantic era would have called a passionate person: I go insane
with frustrated rage when my computer won't work the way I think it
should.

Britton Kerin