Re: Please recommend a quality 4GB hard drive

On 11-Oct-97 Simon Karpen wrote:
>Which WD drives have you had good luck with?
>
>I have yet to see a recent one last more than a year...

I replaced a WD last weekend.  I have Maxtor, Quantum and Samsung in my systems
currently.  The oldest is a used 300MB Maxtor that has to be at least 5 years
old. It sticks and makes a lot of noise when it starts up if it is allowed to
cool down but it generally runs 24x7 so that is not a problem.

WD is the only brand that I have seen go belly-up without warning.  I am told
that WD has recognized the problem and has applied fixes.