Re: Please recommend a quality 4GB hard drive

I've had nothing but good luck with Seagate and Western Digital.
Conner, I agree has horrible problems.

Simon Karpen <slk@acm.rpi.edu> writes:

> Right now, my personal system has a Micropolis Stinger (5400rpm 4.3GB,
> Ultra SCSI), and hasn't had any problems. The drive is a bit noisy, but
> seems to be very solid. I've never had any real problems with Quantum drives,
> but I can say to stay away from any form of Conner/Seagate/Western Digital
> drives. The failure rates are *horrible*. I've also heard many good things
> about the recent IBM drives.
>
> Simon Karpen
> karpes@rpi.edu	  slk@acm.rpi.edu
> "Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT."
> 		--Larry McVoy
>

> --

John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.
Notice: You may purchase the right to send me unsolicited commercial e-mail
("spam") for the fee of $500 (USD) per message.  Billing can be either
pre-arranged or can occur automatically after the reception of a spam.
Failure to pay will be treated in accordance to US Code, title 47, sec. 227,
which allows unsolicited e-mail to be punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss or $500, whichever is greater, per violation.  Sending spam
to me without payment constitutes unauthorized access to my mail daemon,
which is in violation of federal law.