Re: mail delivery notification

Hi,

Stephen> Lukas Eppler wrote:
>> When a mail server is set up properly, you can use the command
>> 'finger user@host' to see when your recipient checked his mail for
>> the last time.

Stephen> Assuming the admin is supporting fingerd, the machine is not
Stephen> behind a firewall, etc, etc.....

	And assuming that the fingerd actually supports the mailbox
 retrieval time. (I assure you, I have read my mail since
 wednesday). I do not wish to give out this information, so no fingerd
 on my machine shall ever report when the recipient checked his
 mail. I'm glad my ISP agrees.

	manoj

__> finger srivasta@datasync.com
[datasync.com]
Username: srivasta                  Userlog

Last seen Wed Oct 08 09:58 AM (CDT)

Project:
Debian GNU/Linux
--
 "Things could be worse.  Suppose your errors were counted and
 published every day, like those of a baseball player." Anonymous