Re: Upgrading ghostscript?

> > That is pretty much it, in theory at least.  Rename the files there and
> > int the /etc/printcap magicfilter generates for you, and away you go.
> > Actually, I get endless strings of printer resets (visable in
> > /var/log/messages) which I thought were due to gs, but apparently someone
> > else has the stcolor driver working via direct invocation of gs, so mayby
> > magicfilter is at fault.  It prints a text file though.  Wierd.
>
> BTW, do you have Windows 95 or 3.1 on your computer?  If so, does the
> EPSON printer works well under Windows?  The reason is that I had
> experienced a minor problem in the past when I set the parallel port to be
> ECP.  ECP doesn't seem to cooperate with the printer, but when I changed
> it back to EPP, it worked fine.

I have not heard of this distinction.  Where can I find out about it?

> The printer command set, ESC/P2 (?), should be pretty much the same for
> STC500, STC600 and STC800.  Ghostscript 4.03's stcolor should be able to
> support your STC600, except the lack of 1440x720dpi mode and sub-optimal
> colour adjust matrix setting.  Hmm...
>
> Have you tried invoking gs directly (i.e. by-passing magicfilter) to
> print a Postscript file to your STC600?

Yes, it did nothing.  That is probably becuase I had to delete some files
out of /var/spool/lpd/epsonsc-600 to get my printer to stop trying to get
reset.  Or mayby I am invoking it wrone.  It keeps trying to reset forever
with text files as well, but will print them when I cat them to /dev/lp1,
so I think this is a magic filter, thing, but what to do about it I have
no clue.  Did you have to change anything in your generated config file
besides the entries for ps files?