Re: Upgrading ghostscript?

On Thu, Oct 09, 1997 at 05:44:43PM -0400, Scott Ellis wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Britton wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> >
> > > It's too bad that the libc6 upgrade is leaving users out in the cold for so
> > > long...
> >
> > Yes this is a shame.  I guess the switch had to be made sometime, but I
> > can't help feeling that it wouldn't have hurt to put it off a bit more.
>
> RedHat is also working on upgrading to libc6 (of course they have people
> paid to recompile everything).  The difference is, Debian has never hidden
> its development stuff, so you notice it.  I think that the libc6 upgrade
> is going reasonably smoothly, if you want to do it, my mini-howto is a
> reasonably bulletproof method of doing it.

I upgraded to unstable and it went *very smooth*. The mini-HOWTO is a *very*
useful and important resource to get all things in place.

But you should wait a day or two before upgrading a fresh uploaded package,
in case there are some ugly flaws... :)

Just a "Hey you are doing a nice thing there!"

Marcus

--
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."
Marcus Brinkmann