Re: Upgrading ghostscript?

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Britton wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>
> > It's too bad that the libc6 upgrade is leaving users out in the cold for so
> > long...
>
> Yes this is a shame.  I guess the switch had to be made sometime, but I
> can't help feeling that it wouldn't have hurt to put it off a bit more.

RedHat is also working on upgrading to libc6 (of course they have people
paid to recompile everything).  The difference is, Debian has never hidden
its development stuff, so you notice it.  I think that the libc6 upgrade
is going reasonably smoothly, if you want to do it, my mini-howto is a
reasonably bulletproof method of doing it.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/