Re: Samba security hole....

I hate when you send a message before you start, let alone finish! (Sorry
about the previous, unhelpful email)  I was planning on saying that I
didn't find anything at http://www.debian.org/security.html and wanted to
ask why this page hasn't been updated.  I believe the security hole was
fixed in samba (1.9.17p2-0.0).

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/bo-updates/samba_1.9.17p2-0.0_i386.changes:
  Changes:
    samba (1.9.17p2-0.0) stable unstable; urgency=high
    .
       * Non-maintainer release.
       * Upgraded source package for security fix (buffer overrun in
       passwd checking)
[snip]

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Enginnering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875