Re: reading excel documents?

>> I am sometimes e-mailed microsoft excel documents while running Linux.
>> Is there anyway to read those files without booting into Win95?

 Hi!

  File a bug report to Microsoft about incompatible file format ;-) <grin>.

 Starcalc from the Staroffice office-suite can read excel formats, not the
 newest 97-format though. It's free for non-commercial use, and available
 from 'ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/staroffice'. It's almost as bloated as Office
 under Windows.

 Then there's the Applixware office suite too, but it's not available for
 download. Redhat sells it.

 No nice, small, useful tools available for this task, sorry.

	--j