Re: [LINUX] Urgent: How to talk to serial device

> Hi:
>
> Yes there is; "cu" is part of the uucp package in debian.
> I use it for setting my modem.

OK, I installed cu, but when I try:

cu /dev/cua0 or /dev/ttyS0

I always get:  cu: /dev/cua0: System not found
( I get more or less the same message during boot!)

I tried recompiling and installing the kernel with serial support
and even rebuild and reinstalled the modules but it still doesn't work.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Nico