Re: problem in smail config

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 f.tapparo@vi.nettuno.it wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a debian user with a diaul-up connection to an ISP.
> I would like to configure smail so that it put a differen From: field if a
> mail is internal in my system or if it's delivered to an external address.
> I've modified my from_field:
>
> from_field="From: ${if dest:remote {f.tapparo@vi.nettuno.it} {$sender} }"
>
> but this configuration don't work.
> Can someone please enlight me?
>
> I'm not subscribed to this list: please CC your answer.

I have exactly this same problem.  Can no one help?

Can someone at least say with certainty that it's impossible, and if so,
suggest workarounds?

Note my Reply-To: address.  If you don't like my From: address then please
help me solve this problem.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                 | Optimists believe we live in the best of
Purdue University                   | all possible worlds.  Pessimists are