Re: slang and lynx

On Mon, Oct 06, 1997 at 07:11:52PM -0400, kestrel@aye.net wrote:
> after upgrading to the newest version of slang0.99.34 and slang0.99.38

That version is in "unstable". If you wish to discuss problems with
"unstable" please do so on the debian-devel list, not on debian-user.

> I get the following error with lynx: can't open libslang.so.0.99.34
>
> I tried making a symlink to libslang.so.0.99.38 and this results in lynx
> doing a core dump when I attempt to start it.
>
> I thought the slang0.99.34 package was meant to allow libc5 packages that
> still need libslang.so.0.99.34 to work

It is. Unfortunately, I made a mistake with the -2.7 versions, causing
slang0.99.34 to contain libc6 libraries too. This is fixed in -2.8.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,