Re: Cyrix kernel patch

set6x86 is a program that sets various cpu registers (run it during boot
in an rc script).  For me it made a large difference in heat output.
Running windows I could feel the heat just touching my case.  In Linux I
can safely touch my cpu fan and motherboard heatsink.  I have the page
that has the cyrix mini-howto at home.  I will send that in tonight.  My
only problem was it had a 2.0.31-pre patch.  linuxhq.com is back online
and I found the cyrix patch against 2.0.x there.