.fvwm2rc question

Hi,

I have a pretty minor question which however is bothering me. I am asking
fvwm2 through a menu definition in .fvwmrc to kill a process with the
command
        Exec    "Stop It"       exec kill -9 $(ps aux | grep xlock | grep
-v grep | awk '{print $2}')

This works in the shell but not from the menu. Any ideas why ?

                                   Thanks
                                   George

George Kapetanios
Churchill College