Problems w/xboard

I have just installed the foll: 3 .deb pkgs
gnuchess
gnubook
xboard

When I type /usr/games/xboard
I receive the following error
X Fatal Error
Failed to start chess program gnuchessx on localhost: gnuchessx: No such file or directory

I have thorought read both man pages for gnuchess and xboard

Tried feeble attempt at different variations of options from the man page
always the same error messages
except when I type /usr/games/xboard -ncp = no chess program

Once again on a previous install/configuration I recall that this app worked fine/np.

Any help, assistance, or insight, explanations etc.
Greatly Appreciated

NOTE: I Apologize for sending an email previously to the list by accident which contained profanity...
Peace
Ciao Ciao