Re: xdm background image

Marco Bravi wrote:

> Obviously, you may want to remove it once a user logs in, just in case he
> did not set any particular background that will do this. So I added this
> line in my /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession:
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xsetroot -gray

Good information, Marco, but I think that resetting the root window or
killing login-screen processes should be done in /etc/X11/xdm/Xstartup and/or
Xstartup_0. These scripts will be executed immediately after a successful
user login has occurred. Of course, your method is just as effective, but
perhaps a little non-standard.

--
Jeff Ebert
ebert@pobox.com