Re: savelog with "immediate" compress

Debian List wrote:
> I want to use savelog but I need the option that the .0 file created gets
> compressed immediately... Can savelog do that?

No. However, I think if you run the same savelog command trice in a row, you
will get the effect you want. file.0 will still be uncompressed, but the logs
will be in file.1.gz . And this really shouldn't take significantly longer
than running savelog once.

Note, though:

BUGS
       If a process is still writing to file.0, and savelog moves
       it to file.1 and compresses it, data could be lost.

So this is something you need to watch out for when running savelog twice in
a row.

--
see shy jo