Re: mke2fs

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, David Stern wrote:
>
> > /usr/doc/util-linux/README.fdisk.gz says:
> >
> >   You can have up to 64 partitions on a single IDE disk, or up to 16
> >   partitions on a single SCSI disk, at least as far as Linux is
> >   concerned; in practice you will rarely want so many.
> >
> > Maybe that's why the debian maintainer created 16 scsi devices?
>
> Could be. I think this really is a bug in README.fdisk.gz. Should I file a
> bug report against util-linux for this?
>
> Remco

Someone should probably make a report.  At the time I wrote this I
hadn't noticed the companion copyright and changelog.Debian files, or
else I'd already have made such an attempt.

Should one simply e-mail Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu>, or is there a
standard form that's used, or should this be posted to the -devel list,
or something else?  I'd be glad to make a report, but if you'd prefer go
ahead.  All I ask is to know the "official" method.

Thanks,

David Stern