Re: screenshot in xfree86

I believe that "xwd" will do it.  This will just do a bitmap
window dump.

Another option is to use the grab feature in "xv".  You can then
save it in whatever format you want.

Oh, and I don't know if it is available for Debian, but I
have run "xgrab" before under xfree86 in linux.  This does bitmap
dumps and postscript captures I believe.

Cheers!
Richard..