Re: SVGALIB and S3 Virge.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: SVGALIB and S3 Virge.
- From: Carey Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Oct 1997 23:48:33 +1200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Andrew Keen's message of "Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:41:12 -0400"
- References: <34319C28.91991BE2@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Andrew Keen <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> My question, my only problem, the fly in the ointment of Linux, the
> "black fly in my Chardonnay" is that when I want to run a svgalib
> program (X works) at the console it doesn't recognize it and then
> -screws- it up.. basically, it runs, but it doesn't recognize my Virge
The svgalib (1.2.11) in unstable pretends a Virge is Trio. It's not
as good as it could be, but it works for me (Diamond Stealth 3D 2000).
You could have some trouble installing it on Debian 1.3.1. My advice
would be to get the source and try to compile it yourself.
Carey Evans <*> http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/ gc
kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .