Re: Diald problem

Michael Legart wrote:
> Well, I just use the things scripts in /etc/diald. Not long ago, it
> worket fine but it looks like my isp has changest something...
> Before, the first question was : Annex username:, then Annex
> password:, and then at last: annex. The last one is now removed,
> but have have removed the part in the script, with the annex stuff.
> Allso, my modem hangs up, just 1-2 secs. after carrier detect.

A quick look at the /etc/diald/connect script yielded the following:

    # When debugging a connection, set DEBUG to -v to increase chat's
    # verbosity and to report on this script's progress.  WARNING:
    # THIS MIGHT CAUSE YOUR PASSWORD TO SHOW UP IN THE SYSTEM LOGS
    # DEBUG=-v

I would suggest uncommenting the "DEBUG=-v" line and then looking in
your system logs to see exactly what is going on.  It should be a
breeze to solve from there.

Paul Serice