Re: Prosignia 200 NIC

Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes:

> Just pulled a Prosignia 200 out of the box - trying to configure it as a
> news server.  Spent about 2 hours trying to get BSDI to load (cos the
> boss said so) but decided to do the Linux thing instead ...
>
> Everything works fine except I can't figure out which driver to use for
> the 10/100 Ethernet card integrated onto the system board.  I can always
> plug in a 3Com card, but at this point it's a personal challenge :)

Do you know which chip is doing the Ethernet thing?  (Can you guess?)
A model number or description would be a big help.

On a new IBM at work, the manual said it had an Intel 10/100 Ethernet,
so I went to <URL:http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/linux.html>
(or somewhere there) and wrote down all the model numbers for Intel
drivers, and then found and identified the chip.  You'll probably want
to get the driver from there anyway.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)