Re: NFS expert, please diagnose this

According to joost witteveen:
> I don't really think this has anything to do with setuid stuff
> or anything, as "ls" running as root itself doesn't see anything
> eighter.

??? I don't understand. As root:
kant# ls -la /var/spool/cron/atjobs/
total 7
drwx------   2 daemon   daemon       1024 Sep 28 15:15 .
drwxr-xr-x   5 root     root         1024 Feb 19  1997 ..
-rw-------   1 daemon   daemon          6 Sep 24 22:12 .SEQ
[Other entries removed.]
kant# ls -la /boot/no/
total 2
drwx------   2 daemon   daemon       1024 Sep 22 00:54 .
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         1024 Sep 22 00:52 ..
-rw-------   1 daemon   daemon          0 Sep 22 00:54 a

Of course as an ordinary user I don't see anything, but then I shouldn't
and I'm not surprised as ls is not setuid.

> Yes, this looks as a bug to me.

How do I find where it is so I can fix it? Do you think it's libc or nfsd?

> Recently, netstd_3.00 has been released (libc6, unstable), that one
> may behave differently. Unfortunately, due to a bug in it (it sefaults
> on squach_uid stuff), I cannot install it on my machine.

Ugh! I wouldn't want to install that.

> > Does my test program work for you?
>
> Well, just "ls" doesn't work eigther (and "ls filename" doesn't much
> but stat eighter), so I don't think your program would make much
> difference.
>
> Does "ls" work for you? (I hope not!)

As I said above it does as root, but not as an ordinary user. All as
expected.

Right,

							MartinS