Re: Lilo on dual boot system with reformatting

Subhi S Hashwa <subhi@royal.net> writes:

> I just got Debian linux on CD and following the advice of friends I
> partitioned my Windows 95 Harrdisk to 2 partitions FAT32 for W95 and
> un-partitioned for linux. My Question is now how can I install LILO on the
> boot sector of the FAT32 partition to make it possible to choose the boot
> system to use at the startup.

You can put LILO on your Linux partition or the drive's master boot
record.  Leave your Win95 partition alone.  It's a while since I
installed Debian, but I think the prompts are pretty self-explanatory
as to what you want to do, after you've installed the base disks.

BTW, you will probably want to make another small partition (double
the amount of your memory should be plenty) for swap space.  Linux
doesn't dynamically allocate it like Win95 (which is a Good Thing).

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)