Re: formatted floppy type??

Addressed to: Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu>
              debian-user@lists.debian.org

** Reply to note from Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu> Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:14:08 -0400 (EDT)

> > reason I'm asking is because my boot floppy and install disks don't seem to respond to either
> > ext2 or dos when I try to mount them.
> > Or maybe because I'm a newbie at linux I am issuing the wrong command???  :-)
>
> It's entirely possible -- you should be doing someting like
>
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

Howdy Will.......thanks for the reply. :-)  Seems it's just the four 1.44 base install disks
that don't respond to either:

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

or

mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt

VFS gives an error message stating "Can't find <valid> MSDOS/ext2 filesystem on dev 02:00".

BTW, would you happen to know what the 02:00 describes?

Thanks again...........:-)

"It's A Magical World, Hobbes, Ol' Buddy... ...Let's Go Exploring !"