Re: X problem after update from REX to BO (detailed error messages now)

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Civ Kevin F. Havener wrote:

> You didn't say (and I can't figure out from your error messages) whether
> or not you are using AcceleratedX.  If so, you need to go into all of
> your font directories and gunzip the fonts, then ncompress them if you
> have it, then do the mkfontdir step.  AcceleratedX can't do gzipped
> fonts, but it does understand compressed fonts.  If this is your problem,
> I can forward you a message from Xi Graphics support that gives you the
> step by step details.

But that doesn't matter if you use xfs for the fonts. Just configure xfs,
set the FontPath of the X server to "tcp/localhost:7100" and you're all
set. Then xfs will handle the fonts (gzipped or not) and the X server uses
a standard protocol to ask xfs for them.

Remco