Re: boot errors

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Lawrence wrote:

> > > Also, when I reboot the computer, I always get the following error.
> > >   no /usr/bin/X11/xfs found; non killed
> > > I checked the path and the path is correct.
>
> Then, who's wrong?  it is a fresh install and I think it should be
> configured properly, when I install xbase, it didn't ask me anything
> about the xfs daemon.  Once it finishs the boot process, I check the
> running processes using 'ps aux' and couldn't find xfs(???)
>
> Is it possible to get rid of this silly message.

Well, you could configure X to run the xfs file server (daemon). Then
there would be something to shut down when you reboot, but I don't think
you need to do this. You should be getting a similar message for xdm when
that daemon is not running also.

The shutdown routines are trying to bring everything down "gracefully".
The fact that you don't have everything running on your machine that could
be results in these kinds of errors.

The best I can say is, "Don't worry about it, the error gets cleared from
the screen on reboot anyway ;-)".

Luck,

Dwarf