Re: smail+elm questions

> I just set up smail and elm on my pc so that I can write my e-mail
> from my pc and send it directry from my pc to anybody anywhere. This
> is very convenient but I have some problems.
> 1)my e-mail address is kintaro@hkabc.net but my local pc's log-in
>   name is jimmy.  So when I send my e-mail from my pc, the From
>   section of my e-mail will be "From: Jimmy Lu <jimmy@hkabc.net>.
>   This will cause problem because jimmy@hkabc.net is not my actual
>   e-mail address.  How to change smail/elm settings to reflect my
>   actual e-mail address?

Theres probably a nicer way, but...

Edit your elmheaders file.

.elm/elmheaders

From: Whoever <whoever@wherever.net>
--

> 2)I am used to pine because my ISP has it.  I am a light e-mail
>   user and only use a few functions of pine.  There are some
>   neat pine features I always use them but I don't know elm has
>   them or not.
>    a. I use pine's attachment function to send binary files.  Does
>       elm have this function?

I think this depends on your version of Elm. All versions i've used have
an (a)ttachments option after you've finished editing.

--
And now: s
           e)dit message, h)eaders, c)opy, i)spell, s)end, or f)orget

>    b. I can create a text file and pine can read(import) this file
>       to the message section of the e-mail.  I can edit it before
>       I send it if I want to.  Does elm have this function?

This isnt a Pine feature, it's a Pico thing. You can either change your
editor to pico and use that, or figure out how to read files into your
editor of choice. Which editor are you using?

D.