Re: [DEBIAN] Hey! Problems with understanding Linux...

>No :-) Please look into procmail and mailagent, both of which are Debian
>packages.

I will :-) All I meant though is that maybe the messagees and replyers could just include that tag.
But! I just remembered that you can have a filter search the body and header of a message, not only the
subject! I forgot for a second :( 	I think the way you do it is a much better way anyway...

>> 1. I am having problems with my ppp dialer. I have it call through to my ISP's server, it makes the usual
noises,
>> and then goes quit and disconnects. I think this is because of my ISP's need for me to use PAP
>> authentication. God I hate that. Well, my question is how would I go by setting up PAP on my Debian
system.
>> I have looked at every amount of info on the net I could find, and even printed alot of it. Nothing helped.
>> I also want the solution to be automatic, something I can put in the options file or ppp-chatscript file. (As
>> compared with the command line way)

>I think your PAP stuff goes in /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0 (change "S0" to your
>interface name for your modem), and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets. I e-mailed you the
>pppd man page.

Well today I called my ISP, and found out that they DON'T require pap, in fact the person I talked with said it
was NOT compatible. They just used the regular text logon. Well, that solves my problem. I guess I should
have done my homework a little bit more before I bothered you guys:) Sorry..

I already think that this channel is incredible, and hope in the near future, to be answering Linux users'
questions!

Thank you Bruce, and if any one else reads this, you do NOT have to respond to my last message. Thanx!