Powerpc: how long until installation is possible?

I've got a friend that has been trying to install Red Hat on his
Powerpc. No end of problems there. Anyway I though I'd check out the
status of debian for Powerpcs. And perhaps convert my friend...

Alas, there are no installation instructions, but there are a lot of
debs - hurrrm, how does that compute?

Do you think it is possible to crunch together something, that makes
it possible to install, or at least trying to install?

Right,

							MartinS