Re: [TETEX 1900] teTeX and Hebrew?

> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted as well.
>
> Hi
>
> I saw some recent posts on teTeX and Hebrew in several mailing lists
> and newsgroups (debian-user, comp.text.tex, tetex).  I would welcome
> the idea of having an easy option to typeset Hebrew in teTeX.  Well,
> consider this:
>
> a) teTeX seems to be the default TeX distribution for the most popular
>    Linux distributions (Debian, Red Hat, Slackware).  And I am almost
>    sure that Linux is the most popular platform for teTeX's world,
>    too.
>
> Now, if one uses Linux with teTeX and wants to typeset in Hebrew, one
> has in principle two possibilities:
> [...]

The third possibility (which I've posted as well) is to use e-TeX,
which is included as standard in teTeX-0.9, so there's no need to go
nuts trying to reinvent the wheel for the time being -- as soon as the
pretesting is over, we will all be able to typeset in beautiful
Hebrew.

   Julian

       Julian Gilbey                       Email: J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
       Dept of Mathematical Sciences
       Queen Mary & Westfield College      Finger me or talk to me at:
       Mile End Road                         jdg@goedel.maths.qmw.ac.uk
       London E1 4NS, ENGLAND              ( Logon info attached )