RE: [Q][Thanks] How to Print in DEBIAN

Hi,
I'd like to thank all for the valuable input.
Yesterday, I returned Lexmark 7000 and bought
Epson Color 800 Stylus (the color intensity is better
on this printer anyways, however, to be fare -- Lexmark
has laser quality black&white).

I still would like to know how to configure it for linux.
Here is my printcap file (someone asked to see it).

# /etc/printcap: printer capability database. See printcap(5).
# You can use the filter entries df, tf, cf, gf etc. for
# your own filters. See the printcap(5) manual page for further
# details.

lp|Generic dot-matrix printer entry
        :lp=/dev/lp1
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs
        :pl#66
        :pw#80
        :pc#150
        :mx#0
        :sh

# rlp|Remote printer entry
#         :lp=
#         :rm=remotehost
#         :rp=remoteprinter
#         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote
#         :mx#0
#         :sh

My ultimate goal is to be able to go to StarOffice print button
say print -- and it will print (in color if I asked to).

I also would like the linux box to be the print server (it is already
a samba server) -- but that's the next step.

I also think that my LPT port in not lpt1 but lpt2 (I am not sure how
to verify that from linux).

As I mentioned earlier I installed gs-alladin.deb and magicfileters --
but I do not know where to go next.  I read printcap manual page
but it talks about a simple bash script to print somehow to the printer
--
I have no clue as what it talks about... actually.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Vladislav