Re: XFree86 3.3 SVGA and S3 Virge/VX

 Will> have any different options/configuration things.  The problem
 Will> has occured with Xfre86 3.3 and 3.3.1, so it seems to me to be
 Will> an X problem and not a config problem.

Sure, it is the problem with X. But you can get around this by
disabling some features through configuring.

 >> RTFM. Something that worked with X 3.2 may not work with 3.3 or
 >> higher.
 Will> I did, thanks.  I'm not (nor have I ever been) using 3.2, so
 Will> there's no issue here.  I started with 3.3, and tried to move
 Will> to 3.3.1 to see if the problem was fixed.

Good. Pay attention to the new XAA features. According to my
experience, some of these features do not work properly.

Since I don't have a S3 Virge card, that's all I can help. Good luck!

--