Re: Boot trama

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Syd Alsobrook wrote:

> This should be easy but it is turning into a nightmare. I am
> upgrading my linux box to a new one by moving my drives from one box
> to the other. Before moving I compiled a new kernel to match the new
> hardware ran lilo and gave it a try. The new machine will boot but it
> stops at the same spot. Right after it mounts all file systems it
> freezes, when I put the drives back into the old machine it boots
> fine. The line right after the mounting is
>
> eth0 Rx mode set to 1 address
>
> the only big difference is the new machine has a Soundblaster cd
> controller card in it.
> Can somebody tell me what I'm missing

Sounds like hardware conflicts. If you take the soundblaster card out and
Linux boots to completion this would indicate one of the participants.
Do both machines have ethernet cards? If so, check the irq jumpers on the
cards. Either irq or base addresses are the same as those used by the
soundblaster, yielding conflict.

Luck,

Dwarf