Re: dselect question

     I open another virtual console and run
     "du /var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/debian/" at intervals and watch it
grow.  If a large file is being downloaded, I do "ls -l" on the file
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/debian/<file_dir>/<file_name>, or on the
file_dir itself, in yet another console.   Running ifconfig in another
console will give a running count on packets received, errors, etc.

     Any one of these will tell you if your are locked up or dumped
off.

Bob

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:09:45 -0400 Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> asked: