Re: Download

Hello Leslie,

I really reccomend that you get a CD ROM to start out with.  I am a
somewhat experienced user, and I still wouldn't know how to install from
ftp from scratch.  What with creating and formatting a partition, geting
your initial disks set up (I believe Debian still uses these?  it's been a
while) and other things I think ftp install could get very confusing very
fast.  Also, the CD ROM gives you hundreds of megs of neat stuff.  Even
the bare minimum will take a painfully long time to download over most
links.  I don't know about you, but my ISP is way too flaky for that
process to go smoothly.

Take a look at www.cheapbytes.com.  They have current CD's very cheap.
You might want to order an O'Rielly book from them as well to make
shipping worthwhile.  These are completely worwhile books I have found.
Good Luck!

> Hi there,
>

>   I'm very new in Linux. Can consider that I haven't start. Please give me some info on how to download and install Linux.
> I have been to Debian's FTP to try to download, but I don't know which file to click. I am very interested in Linux. I wish I can start learning Linux by download it. But now I have this problem. Can you please help me on this. Thank you.
>
> Leslie
>

> --

__
I like six eggs when starting on a journey.  Fried - not poached.  And
mind you don't break 'em.  I won't eat a broken egg.
                                              -- Thorin Oakenshield